Resources to Help Children Eat More Fruit & Vegetables
Fruit and vegetables are essential for good health, yet many of us struggle to get our kids eating these essential foods. Fruit and veg are packed full of essential nutrients, and eating more fruit and veg can help your child:
- Reach and maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes in later life
- Reduce risk for certain eye problems and improve digestive health
We’ve put together a list of all the resources on our site that will help your child to eat more fruit and veggies. We hope you find them useful!
Top Tips for Fruity Kids
- Tips to help children eat more fruit & vegetables – a comprehensive guide to help even the most desperate parent!
- Need some inspiration? Find out why fruit & vegetables are essential for health!
- Did you realise that you should aim to fill half of your child’s plate with vegetables and/or fruit? Check out our healthy eating guidelines
- Some quick tips on improving your child’s fruit & veg intake
Recipe Ideas: Five a Day the Easy Way!
- If your child refuses to eat veggies, try “health by stealth” with this healthy bolognese recipe – a great way to hide healthy veg
- Make fruit fun, with our simple fruit salad recipe
- Get some fruit & vegetables into your child’s lunchbox for a healthy school lunch
- Make some healthy fruit lollies and give your kids a fruit-packed treat
Fruit smoothies are a great way to get even the most fussy child to try different fruits – and you can even include veggies like carrots & beetroot.
- See our guide to fruit smoothies, full of useful tips and ideas to help you put smoothies on the menu
- Check out our smashing strawberry home-made smoothie recipe
- Or our fantastic forest fruits smoothie
How do you encourage your child to eat fruit & vegetables? Leave a comment and let us know!