This is a great recipe to encourage your family to eat more fruit. Packed full of fibre and vitamins, this makes a tasty dessert or a refreshing breakfast. Get the kids involved with washing and chopping the fruit and they will realise that eating fruit can be fun.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cubed
- Half a small melon, peeled and cubed
- 1 handful of seedless grapes, halved
- 2 apples, cored and chopped but not peeled
- 4 small oranges (e.g. clementines), peeled and segmented
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 small glass of pure fruit juice
The fruit should all be chopped into roughly bite sized pieces. Put the fruit into a large bowl and mix in the juice. Store in the fridge until needed.
Fruit salad is very versatile – shop around for seasonal fruit and special offers. Try experimenting with different fruits and fruit juices to create your own family favourites.
Any leftovers could be put into Tupperware and stored in the fridge. Small portions could be taken to school or work for a healthy, tasty snack.
Do you have any favourite fruit salad recipes that you would like to share with us? Why not leave the details in the comments box below.