These chips are so simple to make and taste fantastic. Instead of buying a bag of frozen ready-made chips, try this recipe and amaze yourself with how good the humble potato can taste.
- Preparation time: 15 mins approx
- Cooking time: 40 mins approx
- Preheat oven: Gas mark 8 / 220 C
- Potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven while you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into approx 2cm slices. Put the chips into a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Shake the paprika generously over the chips and season with salt and freshly ground pepper – give the tray a good shake to distribute the seasoning and oil evenly. Put the tray in the oven on the top shelf.
- After 20 mins in the oven, use a fish slice to turn the chips over to ensure that they cook evenly.
- The chips are ready when they are golden brown all over and soft and fluffy in the middle.
At step 3 – before you put them in the oven – you can put your chips in a freezer bag, pop them in the freezer, and save them for another day.
Use curry powder instead of smoked paprika for some healthy curry chips. Instead of paprika, add some crushed garlic cloves to the chips after 10mins in the oven. Rooster, Maris Piper, King Edward and Santé potatoes work best for making chips.
Want more tips & healthy recipes? Join us on Facebook!